Fenric is a Wild Wizard from the outskirts of Swampside, a large city that attracts adventurers due to its proximity to the Devouring Marsh. He is played by Ryan "Hobgoblin" Hufschmid in a season Dicing With Death. As per being a Wild Wizard he taught himself magic and seems to be slightly accident prone. One of the key traits demonstrated by Fenric so far is that he is only concerned with what he can gain for himself and his own safety, placing others in harms way in order to achieve these goals.
Fenric lived on a farm on the outskirts of Swampside with his parents sometime during the Age of Heroes. It was there he developed his magical abilities, as well as knowledge in other areas including engineering, due in large part to his exceptional intelligence. One day as he experimented with his non-magical skills, trying to create a variety of oil, he caused an explosion which killed his parents and started fires in the surrounding area. Thinking he could get into some serious trouble he quickly left the area and headed West until he reached Marmaan. It is in Marmaan that his story truly begins.
Fenric begins, as an untrained and unaffiliated Wild Wizard with no direction and very little money, standing outside the Goofy Dog tavern. He is standing outside waiting to meet with a man named Chase in order to gain a spellbook by settling a deal. He enters the tavern to find information regarding Chase's whereabouts. A young boy named Gitech informs him he's missing and takes him to his sister, Cookie, for more information. Cookie takes Fenric to the sewers. After a brief investigation he finds Chase but cannot locate the book he was looking to purchase. The next day he searched the Sewer again with Gitech fighting some Lizardmen and comes back with a book. It turns out however that it's the wrong book. Then he hires a dwarf mercenary the following day and they search again but still finds no spellbook.
Fenric is a moderately sized, young man with dishevelled, medium length, red hair. One of his eyes is brown and the other is green. His figure is fairly lean as expected.
Fenric is dressed in rough spun trousers and a tunic. He has a large belt with lots of pouches for various spell components and other things. He has an alligator skin satchel and boots. He walks with a large quarterstaff which has a hooded lantern attached and one end sharpened to a point.
Notable Equipment ChronologyEdit
- Gained flaming sword in silver sheath from goblins.
Notable Feats and KillsEdit
- Killed the Orc guarding a bridge in addition to destroying the entire bridge with fire.
Notable Fenric QuotesEdit
- Blah blah blah
As a wizard Fenrix possessed many spells. Most notable his various Wild Spells which are unpredictable and allow him an extra spell per level as long as that spell is a Wild Spell.
- Change Self cast in episode 2 to try pass an Orc guarding a bridge. This backfired when instead of paying a silver as a toll payed a gold due to not understanding Orcish.
- Grease cast in episode 2 to cover the Orc and Bridge in grease which was then ignited, killing the Orc and destroying the bridge.
- Nahal's Reckless Dweomer - Cast in episode 2 against a thief trying to steal his magical sword. The Wild Surge resulted in a Rust Monster being conjured in front of him.
- His mixed eye colour was due to a Change Self spell that took place before the Campaign began. He must use magic in order to hide this.