Monsieur Varnouche I is a Wizard from the village of Kroze. He is played by Genevieve Forget in Season 3 of Rollplay Solum. Varnouche seems to be a fairly jolly guy and tries to get along with everybody. He has a steed which is a giant raccoon, called Lotor, and a familiar, called Sir George Batman, who takes the form, as his name suggests, a bat.
Hailing from an unnamed Northern Village, Varnouche is a mercenary wizard who's goals are unknown. Back in his village he left his wife and children behind to pursue this adventurous life. The way he goes on it seems he may have a fairly large numbers of children.
Traits and Features Edit
- Arcane Ward
- Gnome Cunning
- Acid Spray
- Ray of Frost
- Shocking Grasp
- Color Spray
- Find Familiar
- Magic Armor
- Magic Missile
- Unseen Servant
- Scorching Ray
Varnouche was part of the original mercenary party formed in Season 3 to escort Classico and his wares.
- Magical Keg: Varnouche was distracted by a keg during the groups first encounter with Balrog. Although he did not even try to get the keg he was in time to bandage the others' wounds after Balrog won the duel. And he never saw the keg again.
- Early Hibernation: Encountered a bear while looking for food in the forest and nearly died, escaped from the bear after putting it to sleep. Sir George Batman died during this encounter.
- I Want Your Badge Number: Banned from the Vallark arena.
- The Age of Iron Monsieur Varnouche is a descendent of this Varnouche.
- Gen enjoyed playing Varnouche and barely had time to play him in Season 2 and so recreated him for Season 3.
- His raccoon steed was called Lotor.
- Got beaten up by the guards of the arena, thrown out and banned from Vallarks gladiatorial arena, just for merely questioning the guards almost beating his friend Dante unconscious.
- Has the highest AC in the party with the correct spells.
- Earned the self-given title of 'The Watcher' by observing many different mating rituals.
- 17 Intelligence can only read 1 book a day.
- Varnouche parted open the thick foliage of the Bushy Mound reached into it roughly and deeply to find and dig out that sweet sweet treasure.
Notable Equipment ChronologyEdit
- Balrog's Dagger: A dagger looted from Balrog the Destroyer. No detailed description.
- Divination Orb: A magical item looted from the Orc Warchief's chest (week 43); left in Dwarven Cavern.
- Suede Bag: An empty bag that was discarded by Kharne and was the container for Mr. F's payment to the party for escort.
- Fairy Compass: A magical compass that can detect the nearest fairy and can shrink to fit user, looted from a Shambling Mound (week 44); returned to owner in exchange for enchanting Amos' bow.
- Amulet of Health: an amulet of health which gives a plus 5 modifier to your characters constitution. Raises literal character health by 7 hit points.
Notable Feats/Kills Edit
- It's magical!: Discovered the first magical item in the campaign. A keg.
- Freeze Ray: Delivered the final blow to Balrog the Destroyer.
Kill Count (week 44) Edit
- 2 Goblins
- 1 Lizzardfolk
- Balrog the Destroyer